Quite the eclectic collection. I sincerely hope that you find some stuff you love and some stuff you can’t stand. Me? I love all these, and in this reverse numerical order:
10. Steve Earle: Invisible
9. Jaimeo Brown w/Geri Allen: Power of God
8. Courtney Barnett: Avant Gardener
7. Sarah Jarosz: Over the Edge
6. Rhye: Open
5. John Murry: Little Colored Balloons
4. The Lone Bellow: You Never Need Nobody
3. Parquet Courts: Stoned & Starving (couldn’t resist the live jam version…neither could my butt; kinda reminds me of Tom Verlaine and Richard Lloyd of Television…and/or Sonic Youth)
2. Jason Isbell: Relatively Easy (my fave song off my by-far fave album of the year, Southeastern)
1. Kacey Musgraves: Merry-Go-Round (how does someone so young write a bleepin’ classic like this?)
If you’re late to this sock hop, be sure to check out #’s 25-# 11 here.
OK, so what did you love and what did you hate? What are your favorite songs of the year? I know that there are some serious music marks amongst you. Feel free to share.