While they made news for cancelling the Houston route, Frontier’s commercial service out of New Castle is (appearently) a real thing. Friend of DL, and someone who knows a thing or two about moving a large group through an airport, JC gives us the 411.
Six flights later, 2 kids unloaded at western schools, and one drive thru family reunion
1) Being a small airport–only one security lane, so yes, all 172 people are single file only thru security checks.
2) As you walk out on the tarmac to board your flight, one might hear “there’s no way we’re getting all these people on that plane….”, as stated by random Frontier runway/maintenance worker standing nearby.
1) You walk into a cooled, mist producing cabin right away from the heat and humidity outside.
2) More seat room for the buttocks—seriously–cause I know I didn’t lose any weight. Leg room the same as other airlines though.
3) They make you place your carry-on in a size specifier (or whatever you want to call it). I LOVED that! Can’t stand when people try to bring their 3 packaged Lladros all boxed up for the overhead.
4) They address you by name during beverage service–that was different.
5) No parking fee at airport. I hate putting that here, because DL is so widely read, our county and state legislature will see to that lil’ perk will be closed.
6) Drive up–drop-off service–no hassle if pops comes in w/ the suitcases, leaving the car at the curb, and the engine off!!!! And no Philly’s Finest layin’ on the horn, as you are folding a wheelchair, or helping Auntie Marion into the backseat.
7) All seats w/ WIFI/TV service (fee)
8) Being it is only one flight in the security line you are waiting in, I guess they won’t leave without you.
9) Excellent all-round experience–can’t wait to book again–won’t hesitate to do so–wish they’d fly to ATL, or one of mine would transfer to Pepperdine or Cal Poly to get that darn Santa Barbara site!
I have to admit that I love that fact that they enforce that carry on size limit. The people who try to defeat the baggage claim process by trying to shove a steamer trunk in the compartment are so obnoxious, and so tolerated by airlines for some reason.