Archive for December 20th, 2012
Boehner is now a SPINO, “Speaker in name only.” He didn’t have the votes to pass “Plan B” and he doesn’t have enough votes to close a deal with the President prior to going down the fiscal slope. He doesn’t even have standing to negotiate.
10. The decorations are pretty cool.
9. It’s the White House, which is cool even without decorations.
8. Standing in line in Washington on a December evening is lovely.
7. The President and the first family are upstairs, probably wrapping presents.
6. Portraits of good Presidents given prominent locations.
5 Portraits of Republican Presidents shunted into dark corners.
4. Awesome National Archives exhibit on the Cuban Missile Crisis just blocks away.
3. Possible C.J. Cregg and Sam Seaborn sightings.
2. People still dress up to tour the White House.
1. President Obama won. Suck it Boehner.
ABC News’ Sam Donaldson got arrested for DUI in Lewes. Once again, Washington’s elite play too hard at our beaches. The man is 78 years old in our human years. What is he doing driving?
Do you want to check out the cool Christmas light displays around Delaware? The News Journal and DelawareOnline have a nifty map for you to look at.
John Sigler’s tenure as the Crown Prince of Crazytown has been an unmitigated disaster for the DE GOP. Therefor, it behooves all clear thinking Dems to help him retain his position in the face of this challenge by the popular (28%!) and uh…charismatic (?)Jeff Cragg. Actually, now that I think about it. I can’t imagine [...]
Steve Newton wrote a post the other day that I’ve been trying to find time to respond. It’s a fascinating post, exposing a world that I was never part of. I couldn’t stop reading it – which is code for you to go read it now. The world in which Steve was raised is so [...]
A rookie mistake, or a sign of things to come? Celia Cohen has the story here, and I think it’s an important one. Here’s why. During my time in Dover, the following served as Speaker of the House, the leader of the institution: Lonnie George, Chuck Hebner, Brad Barnes, Terry Spence, and Bob Gilligan. In [...]