The Republican Party is crazy. But no one, and I mean no one, out-crazies Texas. The new platform of the Texas Republican Party is so full of crazy it should have its own entry in the DSM, but this part takes the cake for me:
Further, we urge Congress to withhold Supreme Court jurisdiction in cases involving abortion, religious freedom, and the Bill of Rights.
They want. Congress. To withhold. The Supereme Court’s. Jurisdiction. In cases involving. The Bill. Of Rights.
It takes a special kind of derangement to defend that idea. Without the Supreme Court, Free Speech means whatever congress and the president want it to mean. And it’s clear from the rest of their platform that they have very specific ideas about what Republicans want it to mean.
We call upon the Federal Communications Commission to revoke broadcast licenses of stations that air programs and advertisements in violation of existing laws and FCC guidelines.
OK, so if radio stations broadcast hate speech, which is illegal, they should have their license revoked?
We urge immediate repeal of the Hate Crimes Law
Oh, I get it, it all has to go in a certain order.
- Allow corporations to pour billions of dollars into political ads and influence
- Win back the presidency and the congress
- Remove the Supreme Court’s juridiction
- Repeal any restrictions on hate speech
- Outlaw “indecency”
- Deny unions, environmental groups, and civil rights organizations the ability to buy the same political ads and organizing that corporations do.
- Get rich from corporations
- Tell everyone else to wait for imminent Rapture
Remember, a vote for Mike Castle is a vote for Senator Jeff Sessions (of Alabama) running the Senate Judiciary Committee and Senator Tom “Dr. No” Coburn running the subcommittee on the Constitution.
Tags: Republican Crazy